Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Conference weekend

I love watching conference. It is always uplifting. I do have to admit, that I generally don't remember what most of the talks were about, but I enjoy them. The talk that stuck with me the most, was Presiden Monson telling the stories of people who had extreme hardships. The one family, who was on the boat for 8 weeks, and the son died and they had to send him to a watery grave. How hard would that be?? My goodness. Also the story of the woman in Russia (i think) whose husband was killed, so she left with her 4 kids. While walking, eventually all 4 kids died, and she dug a shallow grave for all of them, the first 3 with a teaspoon, and the other with her barehands. It definately makes me think more about what I have. And I'm eternally grateful that I haven't had to deal with suffering in that magnitude, and I hope I never have to.



We went to Vale on Sunday. We hadn't been up to Justin's parents house since his brother left on his mission in January. The girls had a lot of fun. Well, Abby had a ton of fun, and Daphne enjoyed it some of the time. She is still a little uneasy overthere. She hasn't been around them enough to be really comfortable. It amazes me how differently she acts over there, as opposed to at my parents house. When we first got to Justin's parents house, she was SOOOO worried. She wouldn't let us put her down, and if we did she'd start crying. At my parents house, you set her down and she owns the place already, and then runs up to my mom and gives her a BIG HUG, she won't do that to my dad though. It's just interesting to see how she behaves in different environments, and sort of makes me sad that Justin's parents miss out on how cute she is!! I love BOTH of my girls SOOO much. They have quite the personalities!!

1 comment:

mooreplus4.blogspot.com said...

You are truly blessed and you are truly a blessing in all of the lives you touch, especially to your daughters..