Thursday, March 11, 2010

Little Update

Last Thursday, after leaving my Dr. appointment. I turned around to look at Daphne in her carseat, and noticed a bump on the top/side of her foot. It looked a little blueish, and I felt it, and it was kind of hard, and of course she started screaming out it. We have watched it for a few days, and it hasn't gone down in size any. I doesn't seem to bother her when she is walking, but she doesn't want you touching it, or shoes that fit snuggly around it. I got an appointment and took here into the Dr yesterday to have Daphne checked out. The Dr didn't know what it was, or what was causing it, at this point. So they sent us down to get an x-ray of the foot, to see if that would answer any questions. We got the call back last night, saying that the x-ray didn't show anything abnormal. The Dr thinks there is a good chance it would be a ganglian cyst (sp?), however there are a few of the "symptoms" that don't fit with the cyst, such as Daphne's age, the location of the lump, also, there is a blueish color to it. So, now we have been referred to a Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon, to get his opinion on it. Unfortunately he's out of town for a bit, and we can't get in until March 23rd. So I guess we will wait and see if it magically goes away before then, and if not, then we'll see what this Dr has to say. I hope that it goes away, and she won't have to undergo any type of painful procedures for it. I will write more, when we know more!

No comments: