Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday----i think

I had my weekly dr. appointment this week. I know that they were going to do the group b strep test, as well as check me for progress. I was kind of worried going into it, because I didn't think that any progress had happened, and it would just make me more depressed. My dr wasn't in today, so the Nurse was doing all the checking. Which is fine with me, I like the nurse. She started with measuring me. I am 36 w 4d today. I am measuring at 39 weeks today. And when she did the doppler, to hear the heart beat, she was a little worried that he might be in the wrong position, so she wanted to see if they could get me in for a quick ultrasound. To check the position, and to also check the size of the baby, to see if he was measuring that big, or if it was just lots of fluid. She then checked to see if there was any dialating going on. I am at a 4 and 75% effaced. She said that she easily could have stretched a bit to get me to a 5. So, I'm starting to freak out a little bit. All this seems to be surreal, I was thinking he would probably be a week late or something. So we go into the ultrasound. He is most definately in the right position, and there is a lot of fluid. But he is measuring at 40 w 1 d. with an estimated weight of 8lbs 11 oz. The nurse is going to talk to the dr tomorrow, to see if he wants to do another ultrasound next week, or if he's worried about the baby being too big, and will want to induce me next week. So...just still waiting, but pretty sure that there is NO WAY that this baby is going to be late. Ready or not, he's coming...

Also, during the ultrasound, they were trying to get a little look at the face, and for a second you could see his nose, and it looks just like the girl's noses when they were born! And chubby cheeks. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA! Good luck!