Monday, March 9, 2009

Procrastination

My cousin Brandye had a babyshower on Saturday. I've known about it, but wasn't really thinking about it until Friday afternoon while talking with my mom. I decided it would be really fun to do a bag with a matching blanket and burp clothes. My mom did the burp clothes and sewed the ribbon on the edge of the blanket, and I was able to some how get everything else done. Started at 9pm on Friday night. I think it turned out pretty cute considering.. I would have loved to put more embroidery on the bag, but there just wasn't time. I had to take the pictures with my cell phone, but they just don't do it all justice.






It was kind of amusing at the babyshower. A lady there came up to me when we were heading out, and said "I wish I could learn to sew like that, I can't even sew on buttons" I had to reply "Neither can I!!" lol
I do love the way that the blanket turned out...i've got some leftoever fabric, and now want to make one for us to have here...of course that's all we need in this house, another soft fuzzy blanket.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look so cute! You are so talented!

Hi! I'm Jeni (Jen, Jennifer, or Mom) said...

Wow! What an awesome gift idea! I love looking at your creations.

jandhjohnson said...

Carrie, maybe you guys need to have another baby, so I can make you this for the pay it forward thing :-) LOL :-)