Thursday, March 5, 2009

Trip to Utah



We went to Utah this last weekend. Justin took 2 days off, plus it was his 4 day weekend. It was nice to get away and spend some time with my sister and her family. On Saturday, we went to Temple Square, then we were able to go to the Draper Temple open house. I've got a ton of pictures to post. We'll see if it will let me.
Here is Daphne in front of the conference center. It was pretty cool getting to go there again. I had only been in it once, right before Justin and I got married, and he had never been. They had the roof open, so we were able to go on top and look around. I can only imagine how awesome it looks in the spring.

Abby and her cousin Emma

Abby wanted to get a picture of her touching the "square temple"


This Family picture actually turned out alright. :-)


Justin and his girls! :-)


I think Justin had just as much fun showing Daphne everything, as she did seeing it all.
Here is the old Tabernacle. It's amazing to compare the size of this building to the conference center.


Abby had so much fun seeing the "Square Temple" as she called it. She was so excited to see the big statue of Jesus, until she went up to it, then she said it was scary and too big.
This is the coolest thing to see...at least I think so.
Abby with her cousins Braden and Emma...it's no so scary with them nearby.
This is the new Draper Temple. The experience here was worlds different than going through the Twin Falls temple. There were SOOOO many people. It ended up taking about 3 hours to go through..that included the waiting and busing time. They had people meeting at 4 different church houses and then bused them up to the temple. It was crazy busy.
My dad said he wanted this house. :-) These were houses that were built by the temple. Tons of them were empty...but with asking prices of only $750,000 I can see why....
We ended up coming home on Tuesday night. We met up with Justin's Aunt Bonnie. She took us out to Chili's for dinner. I'd never been there before, but it was yummy! Who knows when we are going to be able to go out of town again. I've got almost all of the pictures that we took posted on my facebook account, if you want to look at them there.

No comments: