Friday, February 26, 2010

Glucose Test, Potty Training, and other random stuff

I had my glucose test over a week ago. I have been terrified of the results. With Abby they called me, and told me I was just under the cut off line, so I wouldn't need to do the 3 hour test. With Daphne, I was just above the line, so they wanted me to come in and take the 3 hour test...So many things happened those next few weeks, including my Grandmother dying, and getting bronchitis/almost pheumonia, that I never made it back in. So, I've been waiting for that call, to tell me that I need to come in for the second test because I tested high. Pretty sure that it would happen, and I wouldn't be able to handle dealing with it. lol I called the nurse on Wednesday, and after some phone tag, I was able to find out yesterday that my test results were NORMAL! WOOHOO.. Definately a huge relief to me right now.

Daphne has started to take an interest in going potty in the potty. She insists on going every time we change her diaper, which is fine with me. The last several days, she has even started telling us when she needs to go. She has even gone poopy in the potty several times in one day. I don't think she's quite there, to wear panties, but she is starting to get the hang of things. She'll go several times in one day, for 3 days, and then not go at all for 3 days. I'm just glad she's not afraid of the thing.

We had planned on going to Utah this weekend...It was the one weekend in the next couple that we would actually be able to go. Justin was able to schedule some time off from work so we could go. Unfortunately, both Abby and I have come down with the crud. I stayed in bed almost all day yesterday, feeling completely miserable. We are both feeling a bit better today, but just cooking breakfast this morning took a lot out of me. So, we are kind of bummed, that our plans didn't pan out like we were hoping they would.

I have been going to water aerobics for the last several weeks. I have my mom or friend Christy come along with me. It's been fun, and feels SOOOO good, at least until I have to get out of the pool and gravity starts working again. I've even lost some weight since I started going. I look forward to being able to go for several more weeks.

2 comments:

Candice said...

Yeah Daphne!! What a big girl! And Yeah Heidi! On normal glucose and water aerobics. You've inspired me to check things out over here. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations all the way around!!!! Except on the getting sick part, that sucks... =( But potty training way more than makes up for it.. Lol! Hugs!!!!